Greens, Greens, Greens!!!
Salads and smoothies are always a great way to get greens in the diet but other great ways to squeeze greens in the diet can be fun and creative!
Greens offer a wide variety of nutrient dense vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, C, K, Calcium, iron and fiber! Anti inflammatory, detoxifying, can cancer fighting, and heart healthy!
2 cups kale
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 minced red onion
2 tbsp salsa
1 tsp fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste!
In a food processor, finely chop the kale and red onion. Cut avocados in half, remove the center seed and scoop out the avocado into a bowl. Smash the avocado until more of a creamy, guacamole tester. Add the chopped kale, onion and remaining ingredients. Stir until all is well blended. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and voila! Enjoy!
– Collard Green wrap
– Replacing flour or corn tortillas with a Collard green wrap is an easy way to work them into the diet,
– Love to use the deep colored green because that is a signal of rich nutrients!
– Collard greens rich in Chlorophyll which helps build healthy blood, magnesium, Vit. C, A, E, and B vitamins
– Green Glow Pops
-The Spinach used in this recipe gives this popsicle and really healthy twist to a normal store bought popsicle!
– Spinach is a Skin boosting power food full of beta carotene which converts to vit A which promotes youthful skin.
– Full of phytonutrients like carotenoids and flavonoids which helps fight free radicals.
– Spinach carries a non-heme form of iron which needs Vitamin C but the good news is that it has both naturally so this pop is important for good blood and oxygen health!
Green Glow Pops!
Just 4 ingredients packed with a punch of nutrition that delivers skin nourishing, collagen boosting nutrients and total cell food plus living in a house full of boys… anything green goes over REAL well!
The kiddos will love this too!
Spinach+pineapple+banana-+chia seeds is all you need plus the molds and wooden sticks and bam… you got a healthy pop!
These glow pops are jam packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, fiber, plant source of omega 3 fatty acids, potassium, an enzyme called bromelain, B-6, magnesium, and protein!
Recipe: Green Glow Pops
Yields 6-8 frozen pops!
2 cups fresh organic spinach
1 cup fresh chopped pineapple
2 tbsp chia seeds
Add a dash of filtered water.
Wooded popsicle sticks
Blend all ingredients together, add a little more water if too thick, blend until smooth! Pour into popsicle molds, place wooded sticks in the middle of the pop, freeze for 2-3 hours.
Run base of molds under warm water and ease frozen pop out of the mold. Enjoy! 🌱🍌🍍
Love and Light, JB
#greenpop #dietitian #nutritiouslove💚 #thatsdarling #rdeats #cellfood #spinach #pineapple #banana #chiaseeds #glow #nutrition #popsicles #eathealthy